[Cialug] vmware player - bridged network?

dave at visionary.com dave at visionary.com
Fri Apr 7 14:57:27 CDT 2006

I'm messing with a WinXP hosted vmware player session in which I've
installed a copy of Mandriva Linux 2006. This was pretty simple to set up,
I'll send the links on how I did it later if anyone's interested...

My goal is to be able to have the virtual linux host available to other
people. Here's how it's currently set up:

My XP workstation has an IP address of 10.10.0.27. VMWare player sets up
virtual ethernet connections in a 192.168.x.x network. My virtual Linux
instance is currently using dhcp to get an IP, and it gets 192.168.56.128,
with a gateway of 192.168.52.2.

The vmware player has an "ethernet" selector at the top, which I've set to
"Bridged". But I'm not yet able to connect to the virtual Linux instance
on my LAN (the 10.10.0.x network). I can see it from the XP host on the
192.168.56.128 IP address.

Any ideas on how to make this work?

-dc