[Cialug] Linux version

Brandon Griffis brandongriffis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 23:36:24 CDT 2006

If you're used to running Knoppix, I would wager you'd have the easiest
adoption of Kubuntu for installing.  Knoppix is great as a live CD, but
doesn't make a great install.  It'll go on fine, but when you look to update
or change something I've known several people to run into major problems.
Ubuntu and Kubuntu are basically the same thing, just GNOME and KDE
respectively.  Knoppix runs KDE (by default) which is why I recommend
Kubuntu.

Both Fedora and SuSE are good, but I've noticed that the experience can flip
flop a bit from release to release.  One good, the next not so good.

-Gamble