[Cialug] Linux version

Jim Asbille jim.asbille at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 20:47:36 CDT 2006

I use Suse 10 and it is highly rated for laptops.  Google Suse 10 and
laptops and you will find it has excellent support for most laptop hardware.

Download the eval version from Suse (unlimited use) and I think you will be
very happy.

On 4/4/06, Keith Carpenter <wd0fia at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have been running Knoppix Linux from cd for some time now.  I have two
> machines I want to reformat and run Linux on.
>
> The first machine is a Toshiba Laptop, a Sattellite 1735.  It has a 60 gig
> hard drive, 700mhz cpu, 256meg of ram.
>
> The second machine is a home built AMD Athlon, 120 gig hard drive, 2200mhz
> cpu, 512meg of ram.
>
> I have several versions of Linux available, and would like what version
> would be best.  I believe Fedora is the current release?  Knoppix has
> ran fine from the cd, but I have been told by several ham friends to run Red
> Hat instead.  Any comments/ suggestions would be appreciated!
>
> Keith

Jim Asbille, MSM
registered Linux user number 388067

In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west;
people create distinctions out of their own minds
and then believe them to be true.
-Buddha