[Cialug] Testing the waters with the Iowa Lugs (Slightly off topic)

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 13:09:32 CDT 2005

Hello everyone,
Let me start off by apologizing for the slightly off-topicness of this
message, and apologize to all the people subscribing to more than one Lug
List and got this twice.

My name is Jeff Chapin, and I am the current president of the CedarLug. One
of the things we are trying to do this year is to bring in speakers, and we
spent some time brainstorming names. Some of us decided to try and get Drew
Curtis, of Fark.com <http://Fark.com> fame to come speak at our university (
www.uni.edu <http://www.uni.edu>). He would possibly be speaking on the
technological side, about the infrastructure of fark, which sustains over a
million hits a day, his observations about managing the site, and how the
media has changed in recent years. We would try and host a Fark party
afterwards. It was suggested that before we rope him into speaking, that we
test the waters with the other Lugs, and see what sort of turn out we could
expect. We really don't have anything set up, other than the fact that he is
willing to come, so suggestions are welcome.

Just testing the waters here.
Feel free to email me at chapinjeff(at)gmail.com with responses. Also feel
free to forward this to anyone that might be interested. I am not on most of
these mailing lists so please keep that in mind when replying....
--
Jeff Chapin
President, CedarLug