[Cialug] CD ROM Supply Roll Call

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Thu Sep 8 21:33:51 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 02:24 +0000, dave at visionary.com wrote:
> I have 4 sets of Mandriva 2005 burned. I can burn more... I don't know
> that we need to.

I picked up 90+ Ubuntu CDs from Theron today. I hear we have some Suse
and Novell Desktop coming also. I Think we are good. We can burn
what else we may need. I will also have Debian of course.

> I will have 2 machines (laptop & desktop) at the event, both have burners
> in them.
>
> Kevin - what do we need for power & networking equipment. I have all of
> the DSMGG stuff, so I can bring a bunch of power strips, network
> switches...

That would be great; do bring that stuff. I forgot you had access to
all that. Bring the powerstrips, a couple switches and the patch cables.
Your our networking guy ;)

> For the "Revolution OS" DVD - are you planning to hook a computer w/ DVD
> up for that? Do you want a "real" DVD player? Do we need speakers?
>
> -dc

I was planning on just connecting a computer. But, now that I think
about it a regular DVD player and speakers would work better all
around. Do you have one you can bring with speakers? If so I'll leave
it to you.

Do we have a completed presentation?

--
Kevin C. Smith