[Cialug] satellite internet

Matthew Johnson mj650se at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 14:35:20 CDT 2005

Thank you for the info Tom. Thus far, looks like
WildBlue is my least expensive option.

Other info:
I wish the 4kbs problem was windows based, but I found
the same rates under both windows and Linux.

Prices:  $179 for installation (might be a able to
find a discount)
$300 for the equipment

$50 per month for 512, or
$70 for 1 Mb           or
$80 for 1.5 Mb

Matthew

If you're running a windows box, make sure there isn't
a bunch of
spyware on your computer. If you're sure its the phone
line, just
contact Qwest and tell them that there is always a lot
of
static/crackling  on your line when you are talking.

If all installations are priced the same, can I ask
what that costs for
equipment and recurring?  Also, what are the download
rates like?