[Cialug] Reading ARCServe tapes

David W. Body davidbody at bigcreek.com
Mon Oct 31 09:01:32 CST 2005

Does anyone know of any software (free, open source, or otherwise)
other than ARCServe that can read DAT tapes written by ARCServe 2000
for Windows?  (I.e., the tapes were written by a Windows machine.
The software needn't be Windows based.)

I'm considering migrating away from ARCServe, but I want to continue
to be able to restore ARCServe backups if necessary.  I would prefer
not to have to maintain a dedicated ARCServe machine solely for this
purpose.

Thanks in advance.

--David W. Body / Big Creek Software, LLC