[Cialug] Iowa Telecom Dialup

Aaron Porter atporter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 11:27:51 CDT 2005

Hey, I've got to send a PC into the wilds of south eastern Iowa. It's an old
clunker Celeron/Win98 box with more spyware/adware/etc than I would ever
have imagined a single PC would ever attract. I'm trying to convert the
system to Debian or Ubuntu before I send it back, but I'm worried about the
dialup ISP... Iowa Telecom. Has anyone setup a linux box with their service
before? I see there's some login/session manager on the Win* side... Their
order form lists linux, which is promising, but I'm 1900 miles away without
a landline to test on.