[Cialug] OT: Local geek hot spot

David Champion dave at visionary.com
Thu Oct 20 11:39:32 CDT 2005

Lee wrote:
> As I'm seemingly never free to visit such a place. Iv'e never really
> looked. But where in the Des Moines area is the daily hangout for the
> average geek to get some work done and get connected? Coffee shop, bar
> etc...

I don't know that there's so much a place where all the geeks hang out...

There are several places with free (or free-ish) wifi. All of the i-Spot
locations like Rock Bottom, Autographs, Valley West Mall. Oh and the
Mitchelville rest area on I-80 has wifi and you can pick up chicks there
(escapees from the women's prison). And Panera Bread restaurant.

There are now two gaming centers - they don't have wifi, but you can
surt the web and stuff on their PC's. Those are Click's, now in Valley
West Mall, and Lan-Minds at University & Polk Blvd (near 48th) in Des
Moines.

-dc