[Cialug] Sharing OSX share to Linux-based MythTV

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Nov 21 19:47:16 CST 2005

I've got a mostly working MythTV box on Gentoo.  I'd like to simply
mount my iTunes library on my OSX box from Gentoo.

First problem is samba shares don't seem to like spaces in the name.  Or
, at least, I don't know how to make them work via fstab.  The file
system I'm trying to mount is:

//server/user/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/

If there is a way to put that in fstab please holla.  I tried a few
different things ("iTunes\ Music", etc) to no avail.

My other thought was to simply symlink //server/user/MusicSymLink to the
iTunes folder but that gives errors about a bad share name.

Ideas?

--Tony