[Cialug] Keeping it up

Allen Kiddoo adk at 52761.com
Thu Nov 17 07:50:56 CST 2005

Maybe it is just some kind of misunderstood manly thing but
when I moved my server I did not want to lose my uptime.

I got everything ready- all cables, power cords. Moved the dsl
modem first to make sure it was connected. Then I untangled the
glob of wires. Bob held the server while I grabbed the UPS and
connected motorcycle battery. We started beeping our way up the
stairs to the prepared closet. I placed the UPS and Bob set the
server in, plugged in the ups and the beep stopped. After connecting
the keyboard and monitor it was time to login- uptime 303 days!

Blue and White G3 running Yellowdog 4

Has anyone else went to such extremes to keep their clock running?
Anyone want to brag about their uptime, hardware, and distro?

Allen Kiddoo
Muscatine