[Cialug] rip an ISO

Renegade Muskrat dramaley at spatulacity.cx
Sun Nov 6 16:45:55 CST 2005

Awhile back i downloaded a Debian DVD and burned it. Now i'd like to
make another copy. However, i've since deleted the original ISO. When i
use dd to rip the burned DVD to an ISO, the MD5 sum is different from
the original ISO that i downloaded. I don't believe the disc is
corrupt, just the ISO that is ripped is different from the one that i
downloaded. I've noticed this in the past with CDs as well.

Is there a way to rip a previously burned CD or DVD such that the ISO
is identical to the ISO that was used to burn the disc originally?
                                                -- Dan
             "I'm still sane on three planets and two moons."
       Daniel Ramaley                  3118 Cottage Grove Ave Apt 8
       dramaley at spatulacity dot cx        Des Moines, Iowa 50311
       http://www.spatulacity.cx/                    (515) 271-5233