[Cialug] Drive switch

Renegade Muskrat dramaley at spatulacity.cx
Sun Nov 6 16:43:01 CST 2005

I used to see these in computer equipment catalogs, but haven't
recently. I looked through my Cyberguys catalog and was somewhat
surprised that they don't appear to carry drive switches anymore.
Anyway, have you tried Googling for "hard drive switch" (without
quotes)? The first link that was returned for me looks like it may be
what you want: http://www.industechnologies.com/prod.html

Searching froogle.google.com instead of google.com might give you even
more options to look at.

At 05:04 AM 11/3/2005 -0600, you wrote:
 >cialug,
 >
 >If memory serves me correctly, I have seen advertised someplace, a
 >switch that
 >you can hook two ide drives to, and while the computer is powered off

 >switch
 >to the one you want to boot from.  I have a couple of questions.  Has

 >anyone
 >used one of these, and if so, when you switch drives, does it not
just
 >switch
 >the control/data cable but the power also.  And two does anyone know
 >where I
 >can get  one locally, or semi locally (I live in Boone).
 >
 >I have been to the Wednesday ISU sale and cannot remember seeing one
 >there or
 >not.  I don't think so, but perhaps that is because I was not looking

 >for
 >one.
 >
 >Thanks,
 >Steve
 >--
 >73 49 111 01001001
 >Stephen Hawkins NG0G
 >ng0g at arrl.net

At 05:04 AM 11/3/2005 -0600, you wrote:
 >cialug,
 >
 >If memory serves me correctly, I have seen advertised someplace, a
 >switch that
 >you can hook two ide drives to, and while the computer is powered off

 >switch
 >to the one you want to boot from.  I have a couple of questions.  Has

 >anyone
 >used one of these, and if so, when you switch drives, does it not
just
 >switch
 >the control/data cable but the power also.  And two does anyone know
 >where I
 >can get  one locally, or semi locally (I live in Boone).
 >
 >I have been to the Wednesday ISU sale and cannot remember seeing one
 >there or
 >not.  I don't think so, but perhaps that is because I was not looking

 >for
 >one.
 >
 >Thanks,
 >Steve
 >--
 >73 49 111 01001001
 >Stephen Hawkins NG0G
 >ng0g at arrl.net

                                                -- Dan
             "I'm still sane on three planets and two moons."
       Daniel Ramaley                  3118 Cottage Grove Ave Apt 8
       dramaley at spatulacity dot cx        Des Moines, Iowa 50311
       http://www.spatulacity.cx/                    (515) 271-5233