[Cialug] Drive switch

Stephen Hawkins ng0g at mchsi.com
Thu Nov 3 05:04:33 CST 2005

cialug,

If memory serves me correctly, I have seen advertised someplace, a switch that
you can hook two ide drives to, and while the computer is powered off switch
to the one you want to boot from.  I have a couple of questions.  Has anyone
used one of these, and if so, when you switch drives, does it not just switch
the control/data cable but the power also.  And two does anyone know where I
can get  one locally, or semi locally (I live in Boone).

I have been to the Wednesday ISU sale and cannot remember seeing one there or
not.  I don't think so, but perhaps that is because I was not looking for
one.

Thanks,
Steve
--