[Cialug] New Virus Exploit

Jeff Davis jeff at dynamictelecard.com
Thu Nov 3 13:20:54 CST 2005

Dave J. Hala Jr. wrote:
> know they are... You know, its really a PITA for a windows user to have
> login as admin to install something, and then logout and then log back
> in as themselves...
With Win2k and XP holding shift and right click
brings up a menu with the 'Run As' option.
Sort of like doing: sudo make install
It prompts you to choose any username/password.

It works fine most of the time.  The problem
that I've run into doing that is with programs
that also require being run as an admin after
installation.  I'm not a windows guru and
find it a PITA to figure out what files and
policies to change to allow the prog to run
by a 'power user.'

> I think its a windows cultural thing. "Regular windows" users don't
> wanna be bothered with such things...
That is _SO_ the truth.

-Jeff