[Cialug] Antivirus for Linux

albus albus at iowaconnect.com
Wed Nov 2 11:14:11 CST 2005

I noticed a few ask the question this week off and on about AV on Linux.

Well I've been trying it this week with no luck as yet.

So I think meeting topic on the subject is at hand.

And it so happens I have a sacrificial Compaq PC to work with if the LUG is interested.

I'll get FC4 loaded with KDE and I can get clamav installed. After that I've tried to
install KLAMAV the KDE gui for clamav. And that's where it all goes pear shaped.

So far from what I can tell it uses Dazuko http://www.dazuko.org/ which is used for
on file access. I've gotten to the part where you have to make kernel changes. Of which
I'm not a kernel guru, yet.

Which takes me to.
(And yes, I noticed it says for FC3. But can it really be that much different for FC4?)
http://www.dazuko.org/tgen.shtml#FEDORA

After I've gone this far the machine will boot but I've lost the sound card and NIC cards.

I get an error on reboot about 8139too a module for the MOBO I assume. I've looked for it after
the crash and it can't be located. What happened to it I don't know. I didn't see any magical
smoke come out during the process.

So if your interested let me know. Otherwise I'm at the point of forget it for now.