[Cialug] Virus Protection for Linux

Jerry Weida jweida at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:31:22 CST 2005

I recommend ClamAV. It seems to be the most reliable for Linux/*nix boxes.
Easy to use and update. The only issue that you will come across is that it
is not memory resident like all the ones are on Windows. That means
scheduling regular scans using cron. For email, you can integrate it with
postfix, sendmail, qmail, etc....