[Cialug] GNUPG Key Signing Party at the next meeting?

Kevin C. Smith cialug@cialug.org
Sun May 29 16:46:26 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 09:03 -0500, Bryan Baker wrote:
> I don't know, I've had pretty good luck with S/MIME which has built
> in support in Moz/Thunderbird, Mail (OSX) and I believe Outlook/
> Express/Entourage - which uses a third party, free (as in beer) cert
> provided by THAWTE. Sure it can be a PITA too (mostly issues w/
> expiry), but at least others can deal w/ the messages w/o additional
> software.
>
> Once someone receives a signed message from me they have my public
> key, and the mail client takes care of the rest. I did a presentation
> about a year ago at the LUG on this ( and then at the MUG).

Bryan,

I also have a THAWTE certificate. I still think the key signing party is
a good idea though. I tend to use my GnuPGP key to encrypt files and and
such.

Why don't we have a Presentation on PGP/GnuPGP by Ken followed by a
S/MIME presentation by yourself?

Agenda:
1. GnuPGP/PGP presentation
2. S/MIME presentation