[Cialug] Utility to record audio source to MP3

cialug@cialug.org cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 26 May 2005 16:43:42 -0500

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 04:22:41PM -0500, n.d wrote:
> i don't know how it does it or not, but i used iTunes. i doubt it does
> it straight to mp3, but who knows? whats the advantage of going straight
> to mp3 anyways? does it hurt to have the intermediate file?

The only real advantage I can think of is that it would save disk space by skipping the large, intermediate .wav file.  If you were low on space, it would make sense to record direct to mp3 so you could record longer.

--
Thanks,
kristau