[Cialug] Utility to record audio source to MP3

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 26 May 2005 16:34:15 -0500

If you're wanting to rip audio CD's to mp3's in linux, you can use Grip.
I prefer to use the lame encoder with it.

Grip does create intermediate .wav files, but it will also automatically
delete them after they're encoded.

The mp3 encoder in iTunes really really really sucks for audio quaility.
It sounds a lot like the old reference encoder.

-dc