[Cialug] OT: KVM=how sick of a geek you are.

Don Cady cialug@cialug.org
Sat, 21 May 2005 11:09:54 -0500

> Don't even own a kvm, KVM's cost money, keyboards and monitors are often
> free.  Why use anything but SSH anyway?  Are you managing servers
Because there was a day when monitors weren't so free. Plus, having 4+
monitors on constantly is a larger power drain than 1.

> with poor SSH support?  I just ssh into the box I want from the one I am
> sittng at and tunnel X there, why go to the computer you want, bring it to
> you.  If it is one of those windows OS's use remote desktop and never
 Because I've had this setup for years, before I ever jumped into linux, and
am used to it. It's faster for me to reach my arm 1 ft. to hit 1 button than
tunnel X. I suppose it's a habit thing. I do tunnel & remote more since I
got a laptop, and if I was starting over today, I doubt I'd need one.

Don