[Cialug] OT: KVM=how sick of a geek you are.

Nathan C. Smith cialug@cialug.org
Sat, 21 May 2005 00:25:00 -0500

Hmmm.  "Computer Room", that may be a step beyond the KVM sickness.  There
is probably a degree for racks too.  Telcom wall-mounted, telcom,
floor-standing, four post, and full blown cabinet.

-----Original Message-----
From: Academician Kula [mailto:tkula@io.com]
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 8:16 PM
To: 'cialug@cialug.org'
Subject: Re: [Cialug] OT: KVM=how sick of a geek you are.

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 07:25:10PM -0500, Nathan C. Smith wrote:

> I have a theory that states you can tell how much of a geek somebody
> is by how many total ports their home KVM switches has.

Perhaps for some geeks, but about half of the active machines in my computer
room don't do this newfangled "video", and have three cables coming out of
them: power, ethernet and serial console.

--
Thomas L. Kula | tkula@io.com | http://www.madscientistresearch.net
Mathom House upon the Canw, The People's Republic of Ames