[Cialug] what distros were out in 1996?

cialug@cialug.org cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 20 May 2005 12:50:16 -0500

He could do a modern distro with horribly outdates applications:  Debian
stable.

Hahahaha, ok that was a joke and should be taken good-heartededly(sic).

I would agree with Josh, a modern distro is best.  Your choice of applications
will affect your usage more than picking out an older kernel and set of base
utilities.
I'd say slackware!