[Cialug] Maxtor drives

cialug@cialug.org cialug@cialug.org
Mon, 16 May 2005 15:27:48 -0500

I have two maxtor's, a 60GB and 120GB.  The 60GB has been going, very quickly
and reliably, for 2.5 years now.  I see Maxtor as second to seagate for IDE
drivers... I won't buy WD.
It seems Maxtor and WD both tend to produce lemon models.  I think it's best to
ask about complaints with older iterations of the same model.  And it's also
good to never accept the same model drive in exchange ....