[Cialug] apache misconfiguration

Theron Conrey cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:46:42 +0000

is the dir structure that you are using for virtual servers outside of what=
 apache thinks is the www path? (i.e. in debian apache by default thinks =
that /var/www will contain the root document however I use /whateverdir/w=
hateverwebsite) if that's the case then specific <Directory> permissions =
need to be set in the httpd.conf file.  Also I've mangled how my Virtual =
servers look in the httpd.conf file in the past.

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
     ServerName www.conrey.org
     ServerAlias conrey.org
     ServerAdmin webmaster@conrey.org
     DocumentRoot /whatever/dir/path/conrey.org
</VirtualHost>

If you'd like you could email your httpd.conf file I'd be happy to help.

Theron
 =20

-----Original Message-----
From: "admin" <admin@c0wzftp.com>
To: cialug@cialug.org
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:37:59 -0600=20
Subject: [Cialug] apache misconfiguration

not sure why, but when i made a directory in my html main directory it
says Forbidden. i changed the permissions of the folder to 777 just to
make sure that wasn't it, still nothing.

my httpd.conf is mucked up too i'm sure. i want to get virtual servers to
work again on it but no luck yet. i've gone through everything i can think
of on apache.org so whatever can be contributed is appreciated.

thanks.