[Cialug] Iowa Training Days (fwd)

cialug@cialug.org cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:04:22 -0600

--=_alternative 007EBE4E86256FC8_=

Dan is a friend of mine and he talked me into being a presenter at the
Iowa Training Days.  Now I need to figure out what to talk about.  He
thought there would be interest in a talk on open source software.

Tentatively I was thinking about a case study on how RadiSys uses various
open source software  with in the engineering department to solve various
business needs.  Any one else have better ideas/suggestions which you
might find interesting?

Here is some of the stuff we use:

Ht/Dig - Search Engine for Legacy Defect Tracking Data
Perl/CPAN - Perl based automated Testing Harness.
Apache/PHP - Engineering Web server
MySQL -
CMS -  Internal websites, portals, etc.
MediaWiki - Internal Documentation of Engineering Work Procedures,
Cygwin/X11 - UNIX/X11 integration with Windows
Linux/FreeBSD/OpenBSD - Software compile servers, shared development
servers
Ethereal - Low cost network packet sniffers
Nagios - System monitoring and alerting
NetSNMP -
openssh - X11 forwarding

johnl
--=_alternative 007EBE4E86256FC8_=

me into being a presenter at the Iowa Training Days. &nbsp;Now I need to
figure out what to talk about. &nbsp;He thought there would be interest
in a talk on open source software.</font>
study on how RadiSys uses various open source software &nbsp;with in the
engineering department to solve various business needs. &nbsp;Any one else
have better ideas/suggestions which you might find interesting?</font>
Tracking Data</font>
Harness.</font>
etc.</font>
Engineering Work Procedures,</font>
Windows</font>
servers, shared development servers</font>
--=_alternative 007EBE4E86256FC8_=--