[Cialug] Fedora Core 3 SELinux

Dave Weis cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:19:12 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Tom Pohl wrote:
> I'm installing my first FC3 box (*gasp*).  Are there any Security Enhanced
> Linux (SELinux) experts out there?
>
> I'm trying to figure out how many gotcha's I would run into by it on.  Is it
> really a good thing?

The default policy doesn't block anything, it just warns you when it would
have. I only have one FC3 machine that I installed from scratch and had
selinux functional. It didn't cause any problems with anything.

Glad you are stepping out of the 80's and ditching slackware :-)

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis@sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent