[Cialug] ballpark networking rates

Claus cialug@cialug.org
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:53:14 -0600

The department I work for as well as several other departments at ISU do
this "funny money" stuff.  Here it's called charge back.

Certain IT functionality that we provide is centrally funded because
these things are just needed for the University to run and benefit to
more than a certain department.  Other things are charged back to the
department requesting it.  That way the department thinks about what
they need and if its valuable enough for them to spend the money on it.
  Seems to work OK.

   Claus