[Cialug] Access

Kevin C. Smith cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:34:56 -0600 (CST)

> I know this is not a forum for this type of post however I have exhausted
> all other forums and documentation to find my answer. So I have resorted
> to taking a chance at getting yelled at.
>
> Here goes:
>
> At work I am creating an Access2003 Database I have a form with a field
> called Determined Not Reportable By and a field called Status. The
> Determined Not reportable is only required if Status = "Not Reportable".
> How do I create validation to make the field Determined Not Reportable By
> when Status = "Not Reportable"?
>
> Thank you in advance

I'm not sure I understand the question.

"How do I create validation to make the field Determined Not Reportable By
when Status = "Not Reportable"?"

You can set the field to be not visible on the form, and then if "Status"
= "Not Reportable" use VB to set the field to visible.

On "Determined Not Reportable" set visible to "No" (under Format)
On "Status" field in Event "After Update" enter an Event Procedure:
Something like:

If Me.Status = "Not Reportable" Then
  Me.Determined Not Reportable.Visible = True
Else
  Me.Determined Not Reportable.Visible = False
End If

You can have it check the "Status" field on form load also if needed.
Not sure I helped, but this may be a start.

--
Kevin C. Smith