[Cialug] Noise

David Champion dave at visionary.com
Tue Jun 14 11:36:23 CDT 2005

Yeah... I also need to dremel out the honeycomb behind the heatpipe
radiator... that increases air flow and decreases noise too.

What Shuttle / CPU was that on? Mine is a SN41G2 w/ Athlon XP 2600+. I
also run Folding at Home on it 24x7, so the CPU is cranking out some
serious heat. And I have a nVidia 6800GT card in it, which is pretty hot
too. I replaced the stock PSU with the Shuttle SilentX, which helped the
noise some. It works fine, except when I don't turn on the AC and it
gets to be 98 degrees outside, and that 2nd floor room with 3 computers
in it gets about 120 degrees, the shuttle will overheat and shut down.

-dc