[Cialug] Apple and Intel

Barry Von Ahsen barry at vonahsen.com
Wed Jun 8 17:07:59 CDT 2005

Theron Conrey wrote:
> one of
> our LUG members has a tagline that I copied and enjoy tremendously that
> sums up the danger that "Open Source" over Free Software
> implies...digging through papers.......... and obviously can't find
> now.  Something to the sound of "Freedoms/Rights being slowly eroded not
> by grand force...."

I think you're looking for this:

There are more instances of the abridgement
of the freedoms of the people,
by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power,
than by sudden and violent usurpations
of the people against their governments.
James Madison

not a lot of false google hits for "violent usurpations" :)

-barry