[Cialug] RFID presentation at CIACUG

Don Cady donc5 at mchsi.com
Wed Jun 8 00:57:00 CDT 2005

Cross-contamination of UGs?! Arghh! Nooo!..
Seriously though; Because of the slightly more technical and geeky nature of
this talk, I thought I'd let those who don't know that the CUG's mgt. this
month will have a presentation on RFID by someone from Hy-Vee, talking about
what they have learned and how they plan to use the technology in the
future.

"R.F.I.D. presented by Pete Knapp, System Analyst, Hy-Vee, Inc.
Radio frequency identification (RFID) is a powerful technology with the
potential to impact virtually every facet of modern life.  The presentation
begins with an overview of the technology and its limitations, including
examples of current implementations.  From there, live demonstrations of
both the capabilities and difficulties of RFID are shown.  The presentation
will conclude with an ample question and discussion period."

I haven't seen it in person yet, so I think I will go.
Don