[Cialug] free hardware

Renegade Muskrat dramaley at spatulacity.cx
Sat Jul 30 09:13:09 CDT 2005

I'm cleaning out old computers and have the following that i want to
get rid of ASAP. If you want any of this stuff, please give me a call
at 271-5233 to arrange pick up today. Later today i'm going to move it
to work to be included with the electronic recycling. However, it will
be far easier to move it once (from my apartment to your car) than
twice (from my apartment to work, from work to your car).

Sun Stuff
---------

1 box of Sun hardware: contains 2 computers (i think IPX), external
SCSI hard drive, external SCSI CD-ROM, keyboards, Sun optical mice,
optical mouse pads, monitor cables, SCSI cables, SCSI terminators,
ethernet adapters (to convert what the Sun computers use to standards
RJ-45), and a couple copies of Solaris (7 and 8). This stuff comes in a
nice sturdy plastic storage bin. The box is going as one lot. If anyone
wants it, please let me know.

1 Sparcstation 10

17" Sun monitor

21" Sun monitor

NeXT Stuff
----------

1 NeXTstation Turbo

DEC Stuff
---------

1 DEC Station 5000/133 with monitor, keyboard, mouse.

Apple Stuff
-----------

I have a 7100 that is fully pimped out. Over 100 MB RAM and a CD drive
are installed. Currently it has OS 9.1 on it. It is fairly useable if
downgraded back to 8.x. Whoever takes this machine also gets a small
box full of random Apple cables and parts (such as a spare floppy drive
and spare mice... i think there might have also been an ADB trackball
in there).

Apple monitor

ADB ergonomic keyboard

ImageWriter printer, with enough spare ribbons to last a few years.
This would make a great console printer on a Unix machine. It is a
dot-matrix serial printer. And as mentioned, it comes with lots of
spare ribbons. All it needs is paper.

Other Stuff
-----------

1 laser printer. 600 DPI, 16 pages per minute. Needs a new toner
cartridge and some paper, but otherwise works.

2 monochrome VGA monitors. I use these on my servers because they draw
about half as much power as color CRTs, which implies that during power
outages the UPS will run a bit longer. However, i own three of these
and really only need one.

External SCSI hard drive enclosures (some still have drives in them).

Pile o' cables (SCSI, serial, parallel, power)

2 drive bay LCD panels, with controller boards. I don't know how to
make these work on the software side, but they were pulled from working
machines.

I may also have some low capacity SCSI and IDE drives to get rid of as
well as a pile of internal PC cables; i haven't gotten that far yet.
                                                -- Dan
             "I'm still sane on three planets and two moons."
       Daniel Ramaley                  3118 Cottage Grove Ave Apt 8
       dramaley at spatulacity dot cx        Des Moines, Iowa 50311
       http://www.spatulacity.cx/                    (515) 271-5233