[Cialug] nagios

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Fri Jul 15 09:14:44 CDT 2005

I'm sorry I should have been more specific.

I wasn't asking for help, but more for general opinions about Nagios itself,
how easy it is to set up and less-specifically any snags or gotchas people
might recall from getting it to do some of the things I mentioned (I'm
particularly interested in carrier pigeons).

A case in point, there are diddly-squat available for resources on the
digium website for setting up asterisk, all the good stuff is located
somewhat non-intuitively at www.voip-info.org .  Maybe somebody knows of a
nagios-gurus site or better yet, www.hidden-from-google-guide-to-nagios.com
that they would reference.

Maybe somebody will say "forget nagios, you want sysbitch for system
monitoring" and then proceed to tell me why.

When I ask for help I use my whining voice. (if you have kids, you know the
one)

-Nate