gui configuration of firewalls, was: Re: [Cialug] ATA IDE Card

Mark Hesseltine cialug@cialug.org
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:22:56 -0600

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:37:20 -0600, david l goodrich <dlg@dorkzilla.org> wrote:
> Bryan Baker wrote:
> > On Jan 31, 2005, at 12:13 PM, David Champion wrote:
> >
> >> What happened to the Windows configurator that Coyote LRP used to
> >> offer? I don't see it on their web site. http://coyotelinux.com/
> >

> > Just poked around:
> > http://www.coyotelinux.com/downloads/channel.php?ChannelID=5
> > It's there.
>
> what about m0n0wall?  it's got a handy-dandy web configurator built in.
>
> granted, rewriting the rc scripts in php strikes me as ... odd... but
> apparently it's quite a nice product.  http://m0n0.ch/wall/
>    --waldo
>

> > --
> > Bryan Baker
> > Technology Advocate
> > Iowa Legal Aid
> > Suite 230
> > 1111 9th Street
> > Des Moines, Ia 50314-2527
> >
> > (515) 243-2151 (x1635)
> >
> > http://www.iowalegalaid.org
> > bbaker@iowalaw.org

If you're going to stick with the HD/controller setup, I'll second the
use of m0n0. I just got DSL installed at work and needed something to
route/firewall my DSL connection. Use the console one time to set the
network interfaces, and everything else can be done from a nice
WebGUI.

--
Mark Hesseltine
mailto:markhesseltine@gmail.com