[Cialug] linux wireless

James Shoemaker cialug@cialug.org
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:11:09 -0600

    Anyone have any good hints on getting wireless set up under linux.
I have a cisco aironet 340 and a SMC 2635W.  I have gotten the drivers
for both of them loaded, but haven't been able to connect to my AP.  I
use 128bit WEP if that makes any difference.
    I have both cards connecting under windows 2000 (just to make sure
that the cards work with my AP).
    I have managed to get the drivers for both of them loaded at one
time or another, but haven't been able to get them to connect to the
AP.  What applications do people use to setup the various parameters
(key, SSID...)

James