[Cialug] MDK 9.1 won't accept X connection?

Jerry Weida cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:26:03 -0600

Is there a firewall running on the thinkpad that would stop port 6000?
 You may want to try using SSH instead with X11Forwarding.

Just use: ssh -X netvista and it should automatically set your DISPLAY
variable and tunnel all traffic through the existing connection.