[Cialug] ssh

Chris K. cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:10:14 -0600

Tony,

I've done this a couple ways.

1.) I have my firewall listen on a chosen port and forward that to port 22
on my shell server.

2.) Changed the port that sshd listens on in /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Both seem to work well and I don't get all those scripted attempts on port
22 on my firewall.

HTH

-----Original Message-----
From: cialug-admin@cialug.org [mailto:cialug-admin@cialug.org] On Behalf Of
Tony Bibbs
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 8:48 AM
To: CIALUG
Subject: [Cialug] ssh

How many of you have moved ssh of the standard port of 22?  I'm asking
because recently I'm seeing hosts from a 210.x.x.x network trying like
hell to get in via ssh on that port.  Since it seems scripted I'm
thinking of changing ports to something more obscure but I figured I'd
check to see what some of you have done for this sort of stuff.

--Tony