[Cialug] Installing Debian

Aaron Thompson cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:38:42 -0600

You could try the old-fashioned method using floppies :)

Documented here:
http://www.debian.org/distrib/floppyinst

Sounds like you have an ide/pci system:
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/idepci/

Download the .bin files, dd them to a few sets of floppies (just in
case). Stick in the 'rescue' disk, and reboot.

Good luck.

@