[Cialug] Another Opening at Coach House

Anthony Jeffries cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:25:58 -0600 (CST)

Greetings!

We are looking for more part-time helpdeskers. Here's the info from my
last job posting in September. The job is the same, though. If you contact
Scott, please let them know I sent you.

My current employer (Coach House Gifts, http://www.coachhousegifts.com)
has a couple of job openings. I've pasted the official posting below. Do
not send your applications to me, as I am not the hiring manager. I can
answer any questions about the company, though. It's a nice place to work,
especially if you are a student. We are running a combination of Windows,
Linux and UNIX. Your workstation will most likely be running Fedora Core
2. Call volume is not particularly heavy, and it's a good opportunity to
see how things work IRL. If you know TCP/IP and can run a UNIX box, you're
all set. Email scotta at ch-gifts.com if you're interested.

The job is at our Ames corporate office, 1609 Golden Aspen Drive #104.

Here's the job:
--------------------------
Job Title
Helpdesk Analyst (2 positions available)

Job Duties
Responsible for responding to and logging incoming support calls from the
120+ Point Of Sale stores in the field. Calls are individually treated
with the necessary follow up to facilitate the best possible service to
the store, and the customers in the stores. Understanding of the Tomax
Chainware modules used by the personnel in the field. This includes not
only Point of Sale, but also Pricing, File Maintenance, Purchasing,
Receiving, Inventory Control, and Cash Management. Awareness of the
communication process used between the host computers and all remote sites
for the transmission of data, as well as an understanding of what
information that data contains. Ability to utilize database tools in
problem resolution. Understanding of all hardware components and
configurations used in the Point Of Sale store environment. This includes
the ability to setup new equipment, as well as repair, replace, or
troubleshoot problem components in an accurate and effective manner.
Project a professional peer to peer relationship at all times to field
personnel while demonstrating efficient time management skills on a daily
basis.

Pay Rate
$8.50

Skill Requirements
Availabiltiy on nights and weekends required but number of hours and days
worked are flexible. Opportunites for daytime hours and advancement exist.
Schedule typically consists two to five shifts a week, 15-25 hours
alternating nights and weekends with two other analysts. Basic
understanding of computer, office equipment, and operating systems
(Windows, UNIX, Linux) desired. Helpdesk troubleshooting experience and
interest in computers preferred but not required. If interested send
resume or questions to scotta at ch-gifts.com, include helpdesk analyst in
the subject line.

Schedule
Part-time, flexible hours, ongoing