[Cialug] sD memory, Zaurus

cialug@cialug.org cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:51:16 -0600

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 01:00:41PM -0600, kendall bailey wrote:
> I posted a question a week or so ago, with no responses.  One last try...
>
> First I have a 512 MB sD memory card which freezes my Zaurus.  I have no
> way to wipe the card.  If anyone has a card reader that could be used to
> wipe and/or reformat the card I could use the help.  I can come to the
> meeting tonight.
>
> Also, I'm attempting to reflash the Zaurus with the OpenZaurus kernel.
> I have a CF card that I've placed zImage and initrd.bin on but it fails
> to find them.  The instructions say to be sure the card is formatted as
> vfat.  How can I verify?  The CF card is usually used in a digital
> camera, which I thought all used fat.  Any other Zaurus owners on the list?
>
> Thanks,
> Kendall

I don't have an SD card reader, but I do have a PCMCIA adapter for CompactFlash.  I can bring that adapter to the meeting if you want to plug the CF into my laptop so we can run an fsck on it.  If anyone else has a card reader that reads SD, I'd be willing to guinea pig my laptop with what sounds to me like a corrupt/defective SD card.  Might just need a quick mkfs, though.

later,
kristau
--
"It is far easier to feign ignorance than it is to feign knowledge."