[Cialug] Spyware on Linux? Packet loss?

Andrew Lietzow cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:04:11 -0600

Anyone know if there are spyware programs running on Linux?   I'm had
some very inconsistent performance for internet access speed, some of
which is due to a router named *sl-iowa-7-0.sprintlink.net* which was
dropping a number of packets back on January 5th but some of my test
results frequently show a loss of packets at my end (2% one time, 4% the
next).

1) How do I check to see if any spyware is running on my Linux box, and

2) Where does one start to determine causes for packet loss?

The dsl performance reports I am getting are from
http://www.dslreports.com/ .   Any better sources around?

Ciao and TIA,

Andrew L.
Des Moines