[Cialug] Dia?

Nathan C. Smith cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:01:44 -0600

We tried to avoid buying Visio, we looked at Dia and the OOO diagramming
tool (you can install just this component if you want)

Visio won by sheer force of inertia - it has been around longer and been
through more refinements.

-Nate

-----Original Message-----
From: David Champion [mailto:dave@visionary.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 12:42 PM
To: cialug@cialug.org
Subject: [Cialug] Dia?

Anyone here use Dia on a regular basis? I installed Dia on Windows (from
The Open CD) to draw a network diagram. The font defaults to 0.80". The
icons default to a HUGE size.

Is there a way to scale everything down? You can't even multi-select all
of the text labels to resize them that I can tell... you have to
right-click each one, and go to properties and adjust the size.

-dc