[Cialug] A good domain name Registrar?

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:11:54 -0600

Network Solutions is pricey, but the admin is very good. I like that you
can always pay for a domain registration without having to know the
login info for a domain someone else set up 8 years ago. You just enter
a domain, and pay for it. I guess they figure that it's not a problem if
someone wants to maliciously pay for someone else's domain registrations.

Some of the experiences I've had with other registrars like ones that
use OpenSRS (They wouldn't let me renew a domain, and lied to me,
telling me that the previous registrant was blocking me from
transferring the domain, even after both he and I cc'ed emails to the
OpenSRS customer support person - and all I wanted to do was PAY THEM
MONEY, not change anything about the domain) have made me switch just
about everything to Network Solutions.

-dc