[Cialug] A good domain name Registrar?

Andrew Lietzow cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:59:34 -0600 (CST)

If you can read this line, your email software does not support this format.
--MyFaMiLyMiMeBoUnDaRy02292000

Dear list,

I've been registering domain names with GANDI.net for about 5 years now (located in France).  There service is good and account administration is a breeze.  Because of the conversion rate changes with the Euro, however, I've been trying to switch to a US-based registrar.   I was trying Aplus.net but their administration was a bit convoluted.

Not only was there online domain administration not intuitive, the transfer for two requested domain names never got completed.   Therefore, I'm having to renew sites with Gandi.net until an alternative can be found.

I liked the $5.95 price from Aplus.net (limited to five domain names) but looks like I might be getting what I paid for?   Their online chat service was very good -- it's just that their organization for administration of domain names was a nightmare).

Recommendations?

Ciao,
Andrew in Des Moines

Get your own family web site at www.MyFamily.com!