[Cialug] Help configuring Qmail with checkpassword for SMTP auth

albus cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:13:46 -0600

Claus,

I was told when my server was setup from Inter7 that they used check
password.
Here is my run file.

Hope it helps. I'm using vpopmail so there aren't any real system accounts

If you need anything else let me know.

#!/bin/sh

QMAILDUID=`id -u vpopmail`
NOFILESGID=`id -g vpopmail`
MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`
LOCAL=`head -1 /var/qmail/control/me`

if [ -z "$QMAILDUID" -o -z "$NOFILESGID" -o -z "$MAXSMTPD" -o -z "$LOCAL" ];
then
    echo QMAILDUID, NOFILESGID, MAXSMTPD, or LOCAL is unset in
    echo /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run
    exit 1
fi

if [ ! -f /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts ]; then
    echo "No /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts!"
    echo "Refusing to start SMTP listener because it'll create an open
relay"
    exit 1
fi

exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 8000000 \
    /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -l "$LOCAL" -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c
"$MAXSMTPD" \
        -u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp rblsmtpd \
                -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org \
                -r relays.ordb.org \
                /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
/bin/true 2>&1

Sincerely,

Joel Eddy
MCSE/MCP+I