[Cialug] Backups with rsync

Jonathan Bailey cialug@cialug.org
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:37:07 -0600

True. I can do full nightly backups (about 1.2GB each at the moment).
Right now they're stored on a different drive in the same server. I also
want to have an off site snapshot (don't need each nights backup - just
the most current snapshot). My remote machine is on a 1.5mbit (DSL)
connection. If I rsync /backup/backup-[currentdate]/ to
/remotemachine/backup/ every night, will that give me a current snapshot?

Jon