[Cialug] lin4win VS Linspire for non linux user

Don Cady cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:32:47 -0600

Win4Lin is an emulator, or 'virtualization host' (whatever..), to run
windows inside linux. I haven't tried it yet, as I've been using vmware for
so long I'm just 'used' to it.
Linspire is distribution that, as Nate said, is very consumer oriented.
Imagine Mandrake aimed at 70yr. AOL-using grandmothers who want to learn the
least possible in order to use it. And yet it's still Linux, and you could
set it up as a Lamp box. I have run the LiveCD to look at it. I haven't
installed it. It works fine.

Don
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Roach" <jroach@eastersealsia.org>
To: <cialug@cialug.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 8:42 AM
Subject: [Cialug] lin4win VS Linspire for non linux user

Has anyone hgad any experiance with either of these?

John Roach
Information Technology
Easter Seals Iowa
(515) 274-1529 Ext. 276

This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this electronic
transmission contain confidential information belonging to the sender. This
information may be legally privileged. The information is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on or regarding the
contents of this electronically transmitted information is strictly
prohibited.