[Cialug] OT: Seagate and Maxtor thing again.

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave at 58ghz.net
Wed Dec 21 16:03:44 CST 2005

I've had absolutely nothing but experience with maxtor drives. Two years
ago, I bought four. 3 failed in the first 6 months. They exchanged them,
but they shouldn't have died in the first place.

So now I won't buy Seagate and Maxtor...

I guess I'm getting a bit crotchety in my old age.

:) Dave

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 13:45, Nathan C. Smith wrote:
> Computer disk-drive maker Seagate is buying rival Maxtor for $1.9 billion in
> stock to cut combined costs and drive development of new products.
>
> Ugh.
>
> Hopefully they will dump Maxtor's QA and development group.  (IMHO)
>
> -Nate

Open Source Information Systems, Inc. (OSIS)
Dave J. Hala Jr., President <dave at osis.us>
641.485.1606