[Cialug] F'n Opt-in Spammers

D. Joe Anderson deejoe at etrumeus.com
Fri Dec 9 13:44:28 CST 2005

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 01:33:35PM -0600, Tony Bibbs wrote:
> Yeah, I think I'm simply saying I understand your argument...I could do
> more to prevent spam from getting past the mail server (and I will) but

You know, I don't care about what gets past your mail server,
sort of like I don't care if you eat fast food that's bad for
your heart.

But if you litter the sidewalk with the burger wrappers, I care.

> I disagree with the standpoint that tools like TMDA are reincarnations
> of the devil.

Who said that?  I said they were worse than spammers, because
you should know better.  Theology doesn't have anything to do
with this, unless you're trying to paint me as some kind of
extremist for saying you shouldn't spam people.  That's another
kind of uncool, but so it goes.

> Agree to disagree, me-thinks.

Yeah, well, sure.  You're apparently a lost cause.  But Tim
presumably hasn't put it into production, yet, which makes this
exchange potentially something other than a pointless yammering
back and forth.

--
Joe